The iTunes is a established library used in Apple iPhone to download songs and software from Apple store. It is an exclusive product from Apple and only iPhone users have privilege to download this library on their PC. Let’s say that you have been using iPhone for long time and finally decide to start using Windows phone. Chances are that initially you may love the phone but later on you start missing some crucial apps and services of iPhone.
As an iPhone user, you would want to download all the music directly in your device from iTunes of move it onto by using iTunes application. But now you have all the songs sitting in the application which doesn’t know what Windows phone is. There is a way out of this tricky situation as now Microsoft has put together an easy way to pull out your music from iTunes and put it inside Windows phone.
One thing to keep in mind is that the files are DRM-protected and will not be able to be ported onto your phone. There are ways to convert these files to unprotected versions but we will not be discussing that here. Now, without wasting your time you are requested to get towards the steps:
- Must Check: How to Transfer iTunes Music to Android Smartphone
Prerequisites and Setting For Your Computer
The best thing to do is continue using iTunes to manage your music songs and be a novice when it comes to using technology.
- The first step is to download and install Windows Phone app for Desktop
- Click on settings in the top right corner, otherwise upon the time of installation, the program may walk you through the process automatically the first time. Under sync music, videos, and more select iTunes. Your music and other media will show up in the Windows Phone app for desktop allowing you to choose what to sync with your phone
- Next you make sure Sync music has a check in the box next to it available. Check the boxes next to the genres, bands and albums which you may wish to sync with your phone. Click the sync button and watch the magic happen
- If you are looking to clean break from iTunes and want to manage your music with another application, or just as files in folders, then this is quite quick and easy thing to do. You will need to know where your files are stored
- You will see your music and songs in your Music Library. If your music was purchased from iTunes then you can also find it in- C:Users”your name”MymusiciTunesiTunes Media.
Post Installation Steps
- Locate the place on your system where the songs are stored
- Open the Windows explorer or file explorer (Windows 8 or 10)
- Your windows phone will show up as a device in the left pane
- Click on the left side of your phone and then on the hard drive icon. Inside there you will see the folder of music files.
- Now you can copy paste the files from the folder from your system/PC/Laptop to the music folder on your system
- Read This: How to Download iTunes For PC
This are the steps which you are supposed to follow to transfer iTunes music to Windows Phone. I am sure your all queries and questions related to this have been removed now. However, if you have any questions to ask then do let us know. Any of our team member will get back to your queries as soon as possible. Furthermore, don’t forget to share this with your other friends and circle.